Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Man's Pain


I have lived my greatest dreams and worst nightmare out here in these streets almost free though almost out of here today my heart is absolutely cold and free you read the words of a stranger someone you use to know i've contacted u for my own reasons in the morning we are still enemies weather u believe it or not i want to covey a message some last words to give a glimpse to my son where i'm at where i've been though i know he will never be able to know what it means to live them it is my hope that in some strange way he will catch a glimpse of who i was. how irreparable my life has become its always the last day of summer and i'm left out in the cold with no door to get back in i've had my share of great moments life passed most people by while there making grand plans for it through out my life i've left peaces of my heart heart and there now there almost not enough to stay alive i still smile knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent there are no more wild horses or pretty ladies at my door.

The winds of change blew a hole thru my head scattering all my dreams its all goddam mean and strange i'm going outside in cant you see i'm blind walking on stilts you tripple crossed my mind and rode into my heart. you say your looking for a saviour i'm just a begger counting change do you remember the when the world was an ocean of dreams and every ride was a wave. ill always burn in the sun while you stand in my shadow its sunrise and sunset where every taboo is holy before and after its glow.

May the wind always be at your back the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.

A bud has burst on thee upperbounds A leppeard sang in my heart today i know where the pale green grasses grow by a tiny runnel of the way the earth is soft and wet a cucu bird whispered to me not yet not yet they are wrong what they say about me they are wrong.

By Marcus I. McCall

No comments: